06 October, 2005

... chairs are starting to move

...chairs are starting to move about the office, with strange markings appearing on some of the more comfortable ones; I suspect that the others are up to some mischief.

And the atmosphere about the place is one of finality. I'm certain that soon I shall have to say my final farewells to a dozen or more colleagues with whom I have shared my life over the last few years.

I believe that this time will come tomorrow.

And the most regrettable thing is probably not the sheer waste of humanity that I shall witness, nor the way in which this hideous plague has attacked us; but rather it is the sad fact that, with everyone here trying their utmost to ignore the awfulness of our day-to-day situation over the last couple of months and just get their work done regardless, we have not taken the time to truly appreciate each other - and the enjoyment that working together has so often given us.

...they have even taken that from us.

And now I fear that it is too late.

V : 2 / F : 2

No comments: