14 October, 2005

... they're taking us apart

... they're taking us apart, piece by piece. They're doing their utmost to remove any trace that we were ever really here. It seems that soon we'll be little more than a slightly uncomfortable memory for some, or an ice-breaking story for others ("..of course, in my last company we were laid waste by a pestilence from the very bowels of..."); but never as a place of warm camaraderie and gentle humour.

I shall always endeavour to think of it as such.

As the cabinets rumble and crash about me I can sense that a real end to this place is coming. A finality of sorts is in the air, carried in the words of the destroyers that surround me, and on the faces of my weary colleagues, my co-conspirators; my fellow survivors.

I am certain, and it is with a certainty that grips at my very soul with fingers as cold and lifeless as the grave, that we don't have long here.

We'll be passing over to the 'other place' very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D? where
Wooden top, still there?
Parasitic HR officer?
Good luck with the remainder of your mission

office admin said...

no word on D yet; wooden top is still leading the invasion. the parasite, like all parasites remains attached to the host - causing it suffering and distress - whilst doubling it's body mass.
thanks for your kind wishes.
be ever vigilant !
[office admin]